Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Update on Eye Surgery

Ask me if I recommend having eye surgery on both eyes at once.... HECK NO!! I look and feel like someone hit me in both eyes hard. Someone asked if I was having corrective vision surgery and I wanted to clear that up. I have a condition that comes around about every 6 months or so. Basically its like this, everyone gets styes on their eyes periodically or maybe just once in their lives right? Well for 99% of the people out there they just go away on their own after a few days. Well mine do NOT. Mine just keep getting bigger and bigger and harder to the point I have to go have them removed surgically. I believe this was my 3rd hoedown. They don't know why some people have this problem and they don't know how to prevent them. So I am just having to settle with having them removed by a surgeon and just keep my fingers crossed in between that they wont come back. The first time I had them on both eyes, the second was just one and this time it was both again. Only this time they had to do a little more work than expected so I have stitches and it hurt a lot worse when I woke up. Now don't get me wrong, I love my surgeon. He is actually one of the leading eyelid plastic surgeons in the country. He does excellent work. I have no complaints other than them not being able to tell me why they keep coming back or how to stop them. This time I had my husband ask him to write down exactly what the condition is called so that I can look it up. Because at this point I am willing to try even home remedies or herbal or anything to keep them from coming back. Now I cant make heads or tails out of this drawing he did for John about my eyes but what I can make out is this Posterior Blepharitis and then at the bottom is the work Chalazion I think. I think he even said in the office visit a few weeks ago that some Dr.s will recommend trying taking Flax seed supplements. So I have started taking a Flax seed Oil supplement as well. I am going to try and do some research on the Internet but keeping in mind that not everything you read on the web is true. Well I guess I will try and get some work done before I get too tired. Will get back to posting about sewing hopefully tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Total Pageviews