Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day two of blogging... Hope I can keep up this pace :-)

So as you can see there is a picture at the top of my blog of a Mariner's Compass. This was my first attempt at Foundation piecing or paper piecing and in my opinion it was a success. I would never have imagined that I could have figured it out and second how beautiful it actually turned out in the end. The picture below is where I have added another border of the blue stars and moons fabric because in my opinion the yellow outweighed the blue and I like for things to balance. I have sandwiched it with the backing and batting and its ready to be quilted. I am just waiting on being able to purchase my free motion quilting foot for my sewing machine and I was hoping since my birthday is in early March I could talk to people into getting it for me, I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I have a few other things that are ready for quilting as well such as my first attempt at Applique which I will post a picture of below as well. I had fun doing this and I think I picked out a relatively easy piece to start on. Kudos to my friends at the Stitcher's Playhouse for teaching me how and being patient. I love that place a lot. I did this with a few brightly colored fat quarters that came together in a bundle. I was thinking of quilting it with some designs on the borders, in the ditch on the squares and some around the edges of the flowers. Not sure how I will do the Mariners Compass yet. Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Well back to sewing. Will try and post again tomorrow.
Take care everyone











Chernal

1 comment:

Background

Total Pageviews