Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Bag

I have this bad habit of making something or sewing something and then giving it all away. Everything thing I have sewn I have pretty much given all of it away. Don't get me wrong I like giving gifts and I especially love seeing other people happy and all...buttttttt that leaves me only with pictures of the things I make and sometimes that makes me sad. So I decided that to make myself a bag all just for me for a couple of reasons. First of all I guess its time I stopped using my UnderArmor backpack as a purse, even though it had a ton more pockets than most purses and looks so much cooler. And secondly because I just wanted one and that should be enough of a reason. So since I don't really enjoy the traditional girly flowers or colors I went to Hobby Lobby looking for something that I would enjoy looking at everyday. I have this bag pattern that is called The City Bag and I really like it. I made one for my Mom a little while back when she requested a bigger bag to take on trips. Well it calls for a charm pack of 36 5" squares but I never see any charm packs in the stores I go to and plus I never really see any that I like. Either they are too girly or the colors just turn me off. So I went to Hobby Lobby and just made my own charm pack out of some coordinating fabrics that I fell in love with. Now they do have some flowers on them but they are red black and white and they matched the great Fleur da lis pattern that I found. I made the lining a black tweed and I really like it. Its all for me and no one get this one. Here it is... I call it my "All Mine" bag. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Total Pageviews