Thursday, February 19, 2009

Purses

OK so for the past year or so I have been pretty fascinated with sewing purses. Now most of you that know me personally will be kind of confused because I don't even carry a purse. But for some reason I just love sewing them and giving them away. My first ones were nothing to write home about I assure you. But they were cute and the people I gave them to really liked them. One I made from a place mat and one from some cute pink silky type stuff I found at Goodwill (and yes they have fabric at Goodwill if you catch them at the right time).
Here they are .



Then I learned how to make them without the seams showing on the inside and put a lining in with pockets. Still nothing fancy and I used patches of different materials to try and make them look quilty. I made this for Paula the night before a surgery I was having to help keep my nerves down a little.






With each purse I learned something new and added something when I got comfortable with how things worked and started adding decorative stitching to the handles and such. I made this purse for my Mom because when she saw the above purse she immediately wanted one. I think it was rather cute.



Then I made some for the nieces and made them each a little different so they would be the same yet not the same. These were for Christmas gifts and I filled them with Goodies.

Then I learned how to make bucket purses but that will have to be tomorrows post...to be continued :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Total Pageviews