Friday, February 20, 2009

Bucket Purses

So as I promised here is a little info on my bucket purses. After doing several of the simple patchwork purses I wanted to do something a little more. I was strolling through the Stitcher's Playhouse (my sewing hangout) and saw this cute purse hanging on one of the cabinets. I inquired and they said it was one of the purses they taught in a class but it had been a while back. They did however have the pattern for it for sale so I thought it and boy did it ever give me something to do. The first one I made was a cute little purse that I ended up giving to my Sister for Christmas. I also made a little wallet to go with it.



So I loved the way that turned out so well I made another one. Now this purse's fabric is just absolutely ugly to me, but when I was shopping for it there were a bunch of teenagers in the fabric shop talking about how they would love to have a bag from these materials so I figured I would go out on a limb and try it out. Didn't turn out to bad but I still think its ugly. I used this purse as my Dirty Santa gift for Christmas with the family. I think it went over pretty well. It came with a little wallet as well. OH and I put these little dangle things on it and that took me a while to figure out how to get them sewn on but was worth it in the end.



From there I started with a few others. The camo ones are for my Aunt who loves everything camo, and the plaid is for a cousin which has dangle things as well. There are infinite ways to make these purses and I am sure there will be several more that will come out of my sewing room. Here are a few more.

So that's it for today and for Bucket purses. Let me know what you think!!

1 comment:

  1. I ordered a bag JUST LIKE THESE from a lady in AL for $90. You could seriously market these on Etsy.com. You do a great job, by the way. Since I saw the old MCHS band photos on Amy's FB page, I've been nosing through your stuff, looking for old MCHS contacts. Hope that doesn't freak you out!

    ReplyDelete

Background

Total Pageviews