Friday, May 22, 2009

John's DVD Player Bag

John got a portable DVD player for Christmas from me. It didn't come with any kind of bag so he put it in this little back and I started noticing that it got banged around a lot during transport to and from work. I decided that I wanted to make him a padded bag for it since it cost so much money I did not want his DVD player damaged. Problem was finding something that wouldn't look like a purse or a woman's bag. Since he love dragons so much I decided that I would make it out of material with dragons and that I would quilt it with the thickest batting I could find so that it would give a little protection to the player.

I went on a trip to see my Brother and his family and decided that I would look and see if there were any quilting shops in that town and found this great batiks fabric shop. They had this great fabric that was a blue batik and had white dragons on it. They were oriental dragons but it still looked good. I just now got around to making his bag. I think it turned out great. I was trying to decide whether or not to add some gems to the eyes or not but I think that would probably start turning it into more of a girl bag. He says he loves it but you know men. I still love it and I may steal it from him.



2 comments:

Background

Total Pageviews