Friday, May 1, 2009

John's Castle

If your keeping up with the blog at all you know I did a paper piecing Mariners Compass a while back and loved it. I like how you can make anything in fabric using a paper template. I had been looking for John a dragon because he collects them and since I have made something for everyone else lately I wanted to make something for him. I couldn't really find a good dragon but I did run across this website that had a bunch of free paper piecing patterns for shields. One of them was a castle and I loved it. I wanted to take pictures during the process but I forgot to and so I only have a pictures of the finished project. But here is the link to the free pattern and I just find it so amazing you can go from this..

To this..



Now I wanted to make this a flag type hanging so what I did was add some batting in between and added some cording that set it off and tabs at the top. No I just have to find a small little craft flag hanger. Don't know where to find those right now. Then I am going to make him another flag from one of the other patterns. They have a bunch.
I am very happy with it and he loves it. I will try and post the next one I finish so you can see.
Now I am working on another bag for Mom and then I have a couple of dragon appliques that I downloaded for free as well.
Will try and be more diligent about posting here if anyone is really paying attention :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Total Pageviews